Botox and Dermal Fillers
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only FDA-approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet lines in adults.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a nonsurgical, injectable treatment performed in the doctor’s office by a highly trained and certified registered nurse under the direct supervision of James M. Shaw, MD.
Other facts to know:
- Approved in the United States for moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in 2002, for moderate to severe crow’s feet in 2013, and is also approved in 79 countries.
- Well studied with 442 articles published in scientific and medical journals.
- Millions of people have been treated, and at Shaw Plastic Surgery patients are treated every day under the supervision of James M. Shaw, MD.
What BOTOX® Cosmetic is NOT:
- It is NOT a surgical procedure
- It is NOT a filler (a substance that is injected into certain areas of the face to “fill in” wrinkles)
- It is NOT permanent
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?
- When will I see results?
- Will BOTOX® Cosmetic make me look like I’ve had work done?
- Does BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment hurt?
- What are common side effects?
- How long does the treatment take?
- How can I save on treatments?
- How many injections will I receive?
- How long is the recovery time after treatment?
- Do men receive BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
Over time, our faces change in many ways. Lines and wrinkles form, but other changes often include volume loss in the cheek area, or thinning lips. Some women, however, may have naturally thin lips and may simply desire more fullness. Fortunately, the JUVÉDERM® collection of facial fillers includes several formulations to treat different areas of the face. Our aesthetic specialist at Shaw Plastic Surgery will customize your treatment to your needs to deliver natural-looking, long-lasting results.
- Get instant results
- Nonsurgical treatments with minimal or no downtime
- Get natural-looking, long-lasting results
- Procedures are quick and performed in-office
- JUVÉDERM® is the #1 selling collection of facial fillers in the U.S.
All treatments using injectable facial fillers at Shaw Plastic Surgery are performed by highly trained and certified registered nurses under the direct supervision of James M. Shaw, MD.
LIFT & CONTOUR YOUR CHEEK AREA
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss and the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds in adults over 21.
SMOOTH YOUR WRINKLES & LINES
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is the only HA filler proven to last up to 1 year in moderate to severe facial wrinkles and lines.
ENHANCE YOUR LIPS
JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over 21. Ultra Plus XC is the only filler proven to last up to1 year in the lips.