If you’re bothered by the fullness beneath your chin, you’re not alone
According to a 2015 survey conducted by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, 67% of people said they are bothered by the fat beneath their chin, or what your healthcare provider may refer to as “submental fullness associated with submental fat.”
What causes submental fullness?
Submental fullness due to fat beneath the chin can impact a broad range of both male and female adults. Some possible causes are: genetics, weight gain and aging.
How does KYBELLA® work?
When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
Fat cleared from the treatment area is processed through your body’s natural metabolism.
As part of a clinical development program, Kybella has been evaluated in more than 20 clinical studies. More than 1600 people worldwide have been treated with Kybella.
In clinical studies, 79% of people treated with KYBELLA® had improved satisfaction with the appearance of the area beneath their chin (compared with 34% of people treated with placebo) 12 weeks after last treatment.
KYBELLA® may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You don’t want surgery
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
If most of these statements apply to you, ask Dr. Shaw if KYBELLA® is right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is submental fullness?
- What is KYBELLA®?
- How does Kybella® work?
- How is KYBELLA® administered?
- How many KYBELLA® treatment sessions will I need?
- How long will results last?
- Will I need time to recover?
- What are the possible side effects of KYBELLA®?
- What should I tell my doctor before treatment?