What is Coolsculpting?
Coolsculpting is the only FDA-cleared non-surgical fat reduction treatment. Controlled cooling is used to eliminate stubborn fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise. The results are proven, readily noticeable and lasting.
What to expect—
During your first visit you will have a one-on-one consultation with the Coolsculpting clinician. Your clinician will discuss a non-surgical way to approach your goals for reshaping your body. Together, you can focus on specific areas where you want to eliminate fat.
How it works—
Many years ago, doctors identified that when children fell asleep with popsicles in their mouths, their cheeks would get thinner on one side. They realized that the popsicles were cold enough to freeze and eliminate the fat in the cheek. However, the skin on the inside and outside of their mouths was not injured. This finding was researched and developed into the Coolsculpting procedure that we use today. The procedure safely delivers controlled cooling to target the fat cells underneath the skin. The treated fat cells are frozen and they die. Your body naturally processes and eliminates the damaged fat cells which leaves the treated area slimmer.
Fat Reduction vs Weight Loss–
In general, when a person is done growing, their bodies have all the fat cells that they will have for their lifetime. We tend to not generate new fat cells during our lives. With weight gain, the existing fat cells will get larger as they store more fat. With weight loss, the fat cells reduce in size. But the overall number of fat cells doesn’t change.
With Coolsculpting, the fat-freezing procedure reduces the number of fat cells in the treated area by about 25%. Your body’s natural healing processes eliminate these damaged fat cells. They cannot migrate to other areas of your body. The result is that the fat cells are gone for good. The stubborn fat bulges begin to disappear, leaving a more sculpted you. After Coolsculpting, your overall weight may not be much different, but you will look slimmer and you will look better in your clothes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I a good candidate for Coolsculpting?
- How much does Coolsculpting cost?
- How long is each treatment? How many treatments will I need?
- Can the Coolsculpting procedure reduce fat anywhere on my body?
- Can Coolsculpting be used to create my double chin?
- Where does the fat go? Are the results permanent?
- What does it feel like?
- Is the CoolSculpting procedure safe?
- Who should not have Coolsculpting?
- Are there any side effects?
- Can I return to normal activities after my treatment?
- I’ve had my Coolsculpting procedure. Now what?
- When will I see results?
- Do I need to take special supplements or follow a strict diet and exercise program?
- What happens if I gain weight after my Coolsculpting procedure?
Results and patient experience may vary.